Types of Construction Accidents
Seek Experienced Counsel from Mitchell D. Kessler, New York City Construction Accident Attorney
Some workplace environments are simply more dangerous than others. Naturally, construction sites are among the most dangerous work settings in the country, and for obvious reasons. From heavy machinery to high scaffolding, a construction site can pose significant risks to workers who put in hours of grueling, physical labor on a daily basis.
If you have suffered an injury while working on a construction site in New York, then you must contact a New York City construction accident attorney immediately. Mitchell D. Kessler, Attorney at Law has helped clients recover millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements.
You may be entitled to compensation if workplace negligence or inadequate safety protocols caused or contributed to your accident or injury. When you trust Mitchell D. Kessler, you can rest assured that we are prepared to take necessary legal action and right the wrongs you have suffered.
Involved in a Construction Accident in New York?
Construction site employers, site managers, and other overseers are required to ensure safe working conditions for all construction site employees and innocent bystanders. Unfortunately, these individuals do not always adhere to these requirements. Due to oversights or egregious negligence, construction site accidents occur very frequently and can lead to serious injuries and wrongful death cases.
Construction sites can result in many different types of accidents, including:
- Equipment-related accidents: Construction workers can get caught between heavy equipment or suffer extreme injuries due to equipment rollovers, poor maintenance, or malfunction.
- Negligence-related accidents: Construction sites are required to have safety and emergency protocols to ensure the complete safety of on-site employees.
- Trench-collapse accidents: Construction workers are exposed to trenches on a daily basis. Whether they are working in, around, or over a trench, the collapse of a trench could result in serious or fatal injuries.
- Work-zone accidents: Work zones are frequently seen throughout New York City. From roadside construction sites to highway road closures, work zones are generally roadway improvement projects that require both day and night work. Unfortunately, many drivers do not pay attention to, or drive recklessly through, work zone areas, causing catastrophic injuries to innocent workers and other bystanders.
- Labor law violations and accidents: The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), sets several labor laws and safety standards that employers must meet. If a construction worksite owner has failed to meet these strict guidelines, Mitchell D. Kessler can hold them accountable for labor law violations and your injury.
Trust Your Case to a Team with over 35 Years of Experience
Going through litigation alone is a headache no one wants to deal with, and it can be harder for you if you are injured. Many times, workplace owners will try to deny blame or negligence and refuse to compensate you for your injuries. Insurance companies and opposing attorneys will try to place the guilt on you, the wrongfully injured victim, to try and deny you the monetary awards you deserve. With Mitchell D. Kessler, construction accident lawyer in New York City at your side, however, you can level the playing field and help make sure that the opposition plays by the rules and pays for whatever injustice they may have caused you.
If you are ready to move forward with your claim, contact Mitchell D. Kessler right away. Our next step is to meet with you in a confidential setting and speak more about your legal options – schedule your consultation, free of charge at (888) 690-2500.